Friday, June 1, 2018

Skinning words, two-part arrivals. by James Walton



She came back, suddenly
  god eats your soul
At 3.47 this morning
 like a custard tart
I’ve learnt not to ask
 pushing the crumbs of boundary
Where she’s been
 from the corners of mouths
I turn over, put my head
 a knave of bachelors
Between her shoulder and breast
 wayward as a slipped jib
The way I know she likes
 splitting out of the skein
Later she’ll stir, put
 the incomplete scrabbling
Her head on my flokati chest
 where the marks dug through
Place her hand over mine
 searing in the tangled keen
Rise a little, gently
  I will come to a Holy City
Push her lips onto mine
  bathe in these cyan waters
And make me breathe again
  to make me breathe again




James Walton is published in many newspapers, anthologies, and journals. He was a librarian. a farm labourer, a cattle breeder, and mostly a public sector union organizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Misinterpretated By April Ridge

The things heard in a loud bar when the song changes… a lull in the roar of sound, voices that were drowned in the loudness now underlined b...