Sunday, July 29, 2018

[binary] by Aneka Brussen



her mind was a pyramid, carved into a
liquor store wall. my centrifugal vision lingered,
single-pointed raindrops reflecting
truth.

her eyes were a picture of a burning cop
car on the freeway. my moves were weak that day,
she still devoured my awkward
contradictions.

Star Dust
is what she called me,
after I turned her into the devil,
playing a broken piano.

Fool’s Games
is what she played with me,
after her hips became a tsunami,
bleaching memory.

we pushed each other
into a storm of [binary] fluctuations.






ANEKA BRUNSSEN is a writer, poet and graduate student from Bremen, Germany, with a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Cultural Studies. Aneka has written several non-fiction essays, in both German and English, as well as a few short stories, articles, reviews and poetry collections. Her work has been published in several American and German print and online literary journals as well as magazines. She is currently working on an autobiographical novel and a poetry collection. You can find samples of her work her: http://spacetrashpoetry.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...