Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Princess of Purgatory~ by Tracey Sivek




Princess of Purgatory~

She was the Princess of Purgatory
wanting more from people and life
but never reaching out on her own.

I’d visit her there often inside the glass castle
braiding hair and brewing up dreams upon
thousands of stars…galactic sisters her and I.

There were territorial whispers saying that
she cried at night alone
…my heart broke for her, so I would inhale her pain.

Holding that breath I’d bend to kiss her good-bye
witches bones rattled as I passed through the veil to the light
…on exhale all was released, transmuted with life’s flame.

Balance is found in the depths of her and I
even in our one sided visitations~

There is no invitation required to enter here
just love~







Tracey is a native of Northern Michigan.  She has work on Writerscafe and Cosmofunnel .
She has also been published here at The Rye Whiskey Review and The Abyss .
 She is also the Author of "Zero Evidence of Life" found on lulu.com. 

1 comment:

  1. “Balance is found in the depths of her and I” what a perfect line.

    ReplyDelete

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...