Saturday, July 27, 2019

Open Container. by Kevin Ridgeway




the cop asked me 
if it was an open beer 
in my hand 
that i was drinking
I told him 
I must have mistaken 
Bud Light for Pepsi, 
both blue cans 
he let me go after 
confiscating my weed 
and pouring 
my blue courage 
into the gutter.




KEVIN RIDGEWAY lives and writes in Long Beach, CA. A Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net nominee, his work has appeared or is forthcoming in Slipstream, Chiron Review, Nerve Cowboy, San Pedro River Review, The Cape Rock, Spillway, Up the River, Suisun Valley Review, KYSO Flash, Home Planet News, Cultural Weekly, Big Hammer, Misfit Magazineand So it Goes: The Literary Journal of the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library. He is the author of six chapbooks of poetry. His latest book, A Ludicrous Split, He also has a collaboration with fellow poet Gabriel Ricard,  available from Alien Buddha Press.

He also has a new book out with Spartan Press.
check it out and get yourself a copy today.


https://stubbornmulepress.bigcartel.com/product/too-young-to-know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...