Wednesday, October 9, 2019

On Poetry, And Whatever Else. by Alyssa Trivett



There's this guy who wants
to meet me and go for a 
motorcycle ride with him.
Maybe if my poetry career takes 
off I can buy him a beer.
On the ride, all I would do
is scribble stanzas in my head.
Lately, I've been lollygagging 
on poetry submissions to prestigious places 
where after a $3.65 submission fee, 
they use my poetry as dryer sheets.
My open mic career is on hiatus,
but I can get into QVC at the 
graveyard hour as Mike Rowe did 
to get a start, in general.
In the meantime, I'll have 
incalculable amounts of coffee and 
hope the words settle down at night


so I can count to 110 sheep.








Alyssa Trivett is a wandering soul from the Midwest. When not working two jobs, she chirps down coffee while scrawling lines. Her work has appeared in many places, but most recently at Ex Ex Lit, and Duane's PoeTree site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a hollow darkness by J.J. Campbell

i was 23 and madly in love  with a woman that wanted  nothing to do with me i never could tell from the way  we kissed or the way we fucked ...