Sunday, October 27, 2019

THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD. By Bryn Fortey


Hi cousin
I would offer my endeffector
But shaking hands with me
Might mash your fingers to pulp
My locomotion device
Doesn’t know its own strength
And you are so puny 
So I will keep my manipulators
Dormant at my sides

If I can be of any help
Just knock my door 
My sensors are always active
Keeping my computerised controller
Fully informed and up to date

I would ask you in
But my regular visitors
Like to choose from selections
Of grade A oils
And I guess you are more
A tea or coffee sort of guy

Take no notice
Of the young ones, my friend
They mean no harm
And it’s only chanting
Have you heard their latest?

“All things must come to pass
  Flesh is weak, flesh is farce
  Just you kiss my plastic arse”

Sorry about that




Bryn Fortey is a veteran writer from Wales in the UK. Widely published
over the years, he has had two collections published by The Alchemy 
Press, both featuring a mix of short stories and poetry. He is grateful that

in old age he is still able to put pen to paper and finger to keyboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...