Saturday, December 21, 2019

among the smoking avenues of torn petals by rob plath

there’s a built-in pistol behind my temples
unloading on my peace until it’s swiss cheese
there’s a built-in pistol behind my temples
blasting my prayers like sitting ducks
there’s a built-in pistol behind my temples
whipping my angels into a terrible heap
but i keep placing flowers in its barrel
between the gunfire & sometimes at night
when the smoke clears the quiet muzzle
is occupied by the blue face of a violet




rob plath is a writer from new york.  he is most known for
his monster collection  A BELLYFUL OF ANARCHY (epic rites press 2009) .  
his newest collection is MY SOUL IS A BROKEN DOWN VALISE (epic rites press 2019). 



you can see more of his work at robplath.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...