Monday, April 20, 2020

Driving a Second Hand Legacy by Tony Pena


I dreamt I turned
my ankle dancing
a jig on James
Joyce’s grave.
An ambitious
pirouette drilling
for the oil
of Celtic creativity.
A Charley horse
shook my slumber
with the throbbing
calf clearly reminding
me the 1.3 percent Irish
as deemed by the DNA
test used up on a taste
for Guinness and the music
of the Pogues so the ghost
of the lion of Irish literature
can sleep in peace tonight,
bones and heritage preserved.






Tony Pena was selected as 2017-2018 Poet Laureate for the city of Beacon, New York.  
A new volume of poetry and flash fiction, "Blood and Beats and Rock n Roll," is available now at Amazon.  He also has a self published chapbook, "Opening night in Gehenna."  His publication credits include “Chronogram,”  "Dogzplot,"   "Gutter Eloquence," “Hudson Valley Transmitter,” "Red Fez," "Slipstream,"  "Underground Voices," "Zygote in my Coffee,"  and others. 

Colorful compositions and caterwauling with a couple of chords can be seen at:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pentimento By Andrea Moore Johnson

The anticipation created anxiety or perhaps the unknown resulted in fear the outcomes so uncertain immediate and unfolding long after I am n...