Sunday, July 5, 2020

OUT OF MY MIND by Bradford Middleton

Snow falls outside my room as another day
Deep in the heart of addiction kicks off
I scored on Monday and laughed my head off
Yesterday, Tuesday, I can't really remember
But there was no drinking because this
Gear is simply too too strong, i feel lower
Than in a long time, so much higher than
I can ever remember being used to.  This
Morning came around and I woke after a
Restless night and got right back on board
The train to nowheresville, where i'll sit
Brain obliterated and unable to do anything
About it as the need for just one more will
Always come back and soon I fear I will
Hear my brain go pop, never to return to
How it was before this new bout of addiction.




Bradford Middleton was born in south-east London during the summer of 1971 and won his first poetry prize at the age of nine.  He then gave up writing poems for nearly twenty-five years and it wasn't until he landed in Brighton, knowing no one and having no money, that he began again.  Ten years later and he's been lucky enough to have had a few chapbooks published including a new one from Analog Submission Press entitled 'Flying through this Life like a Bottle Battling Gravity', his debut from Crisis Chronicles Press (Ohio, USA) and his second effort for Holy & Intoxicated Press (Hastings, UK).  He has read around the UK at various bars, venues and festivals and is always keen to get out and read to new crowds.  His poetry has also been or will be published shortly in the Chiron Review, Zygote in my Coffee, Section 8, Razur Cuts, Paper & Ink, Grandma Moses 'Poet to Notice', Empty Mirror, Midnight Lane Gallery, Bareback Lit and is a Contributing Poet over at the wonderful Mad Swirl.  If you like what you've read go send a friend request on facebook to bradfordmiddleton1.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...