Monday, August 3, 2020

TIC TOC TAVERN SONNET by Patti Cassidy


One more beer and I’m off to work, he toasted.
One more gin and I’ll head uptown, she purred.
One more nip and I’ll catch  a cab, he promised.
One more rye and I’m on my way, she whirred
One more scotch and I’m heading out, he shouted.
One more snifter and then I’m done , she slurred.
So it’s one more night at the Tic Toc
One more night at the watering hole,
One more night where nothing changes,
One more night the gremlins stole.
One last time, the barkeep shouts it
Then finally the big bell tolls
It’s past last call at the Tic Toc Tavern,
It’s time to hit the road.




Patti Cassidy's been on the poetry beat for most of her life, but she's best known for her  plays- many of them set in bars. Find her in Boston... or Paris. Or wherever fine spirits are sold...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...