Tuesday, November 17, 2020

DMT and the Volteran Man By Ryan Quinn Flanagan

 

He tells me he just tried DMT for the first time

and that it was fantastic

and I tell him I just had Volteran rubbed over

my lower back and ass because I am getting old

and threw my back out.


We have both had an experience,

though I imagine one was much more life altering

than the other.


That’s what 23 years gets you!

my wife says

rubbing the cream in and pulling my pants

back up.


My back feels better instantly.

My friend probably left his back and body

altogether.


You can’t throw out your back

if you don’t have one.


Maybe I should try DMT.

My friend is all positive reviews

and he is no bull shitter.


There are very few people you can trust out there,

but my man in the stars is one of them.








Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a Canadian-born author residing in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada with his wife and many bears that rifle through his garbage.  His work can be found both in print and online in such places as: Evergreen Review, The New York Quarterly,The Rye Whiskey Review, Outlaw Poetry Network, Under The Bleachers, The Dope Fiend Daily and In Between Hangovers.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pentimento By Andrea Moore Johnson

The anticipation created anxiety or perhaps the unknown resulted in fear the outcomes so uncertain immediate and unfolding long after I am n...