Friday, April 23, 2021

Coffee by Wayne F. Burke

 met an old crony of mine
on the street
he asked
how you been?
What do you say?
Before I could answer
he gave me his views
on national, international, and
local news, then asked
if I had a couple bucks to spare,
enough for a coffee, and
I said "sure," and he took the
bills and said "see you later"
and I watched him go, remembering
when I used to drink those "coffee's" 
too.





Wayne F. Burke's poetry has been widely published online and in print. He has published six full-length poetry collections, most recently DIFLUCAN (BareBack Press, 2019). He lives in the Pine Tree State.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Public Service With A Crooked Smile by JPR

Sometimes, I get a great laugh from the perceptions of others. All the trivial bullshit, the faux hardasses who can barely handle a paper cu...