Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Unexpectedly by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

If I go unexpectedly,
share a little something about me
to those who knew me
who might not have known
I wrote a little poetry.

Let them know I wrote about stars,
moonlight, and birds. I do not
care to go anonymously.
Let those I knew that I
cared about them and often

wished them well and meant it.
Let them know I took photos
of the sun at different hours.
Tell them I always tried my best
to make others feel happy.

If I go unexpectedly,
tell those who knew me I wrote
a little something every day without fail.
Tell them I would write 
like if I was running out of time.




Born in Mexico, Luis lives in California and works in the mental health field in Los Ángeles. His poems have appeared in Ariel Chart, Fearless, Mad Swirl, The Rye Whiskey Review, and Unlikely Stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...