Monday, May 22, 2023

Dungeon Music by Ezhno Martin

I've moved back into my mom's basement Samantha
it's a great place to drink beers
and piss in the empty cans

I'm sure I'm spilling on both ends
but there is a certain consistency to coming up short 
so I'd say there is a science to me burning up
cause I'm always left some portion of empty

there's this song I like to sing
it says “I don't deserve this”
and I got it on repeat
a 3 minute beer and still be ready for the refrain routine 
it'll probably take me years to figure out it's supposed to be sarcasm
right now I'm stuck on feeling sorry for myself
and doing everything in my power not to remember
all the chances I had to change

I got this new girlfriend I found on the internet
she's a sorry excuse for a human being 
and so am I
she carves “help”
into her chest right above her breast 
with the her dad's buck knife about once a week
the blossoming scar is an ugly unripe purple an inch deep
like a blister that won't pop
that's how I feel like you're living inside of me now
sometimes my mom catches me facefucking alcohol
and chases me out of the house screaming
I try not to listen but I think she's saying something about a future she'd hoped I'd want to have 
I'm trying to figure out where to go from here
       I'm still stuck in the same place I was when I ran away from you              in Chicago on a middle of the night greyhound
knowing I'd have to start a new life
and completely unprepared to contemplate how

The most sense I can make I've stolen from this new girlfriend
          she says that when she was 12 she used to invite pedophiles 
           to hang out outside her window
          hoping one would eventually lose their mind and break the glass
I go to the ghetto to walk around in the middle of the night
with the stink of suburbia on me like a bullseye
                    I show my pure white skin
                    more and more of it every time
     no one has taken the bait yet to rapture my blood
                   but I'm not ready for a better plan






Ezhno is a feral misshaped mass of broken dreams that doesn't believe in pronouns and would prefer to just be called “Ezhno.” This is equal parts ideology, loneliness, and the fact that it's been a while since anyone screamed “Ezhno” during sex. People just aren't as loud and adventurous as we think they used to be back when we were younger and better at everything. Ezhno is a freak who makes books for freaks via EMP Books, obsesses about a certain New York Basketball Team, and takes long urban hikes in the middle of the night. Ezhno has substituted god with a ghost who goes by Samantha, and the prayers for forgiveness have yet gone unanswered. Do not introduce your dog to Ezhno; they will be licking each-other's teeth, biting each-other's necks, pissing on your clothes, and stealing food off of your counter within five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pentimento By Andrea Moore Johnson

The anticipation created anxiety or perhaps the unknown resulted in fear the outcomes so uncertain immediate and unfolding long after I am n...