Friday, June 9, 2023

Burnout & Vine By Tracey Sivek


Breathing used to be exhilarating until the exhale felt as dry as the dusty desert plains. With life force energies peeling away at my soul.   Exposing the rash, the disease of the past I just fall into the overstuffed chair. Waiting for the grand departure in silence my curdled joy surrenders to the spontaneous combustion. My soul stands off to the side watching the clean up crew as they “investigate”my death.

I light a cigarette and watch as they sort through the bits and pieces of me. I wonder if they’ll find what they are looking for.

God knows I never did…    







Tracey is a native of Northern Michigan.  She has work on Writerscafe and Cosmofunnel.  She is also the Author of "Zero Evidence of Life" found on lulu.com.
Her publications include .
The Abyss, Under The Bleachers , The Rye Whiskey Review and The Dope Fiend Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For The Mourner By Alec Solomita

For the mourner only one thing is: things like business, cooking, seeing birds stir the spring air, falling snow, even watching the home tea...