Thursday, September 28, 2023

Tonight is a Poem by Karen Warinsky

Because we’re here
feeling good
safe for the moment
money in our pockets
beer on the table
breathing in
breathing out
smiling in your eyes
hugging when I can
brushing up to let you know
the caring is killing me
and there’s nothing I can do
except feel all this
love
desire this 
friendship
hope it stays intact.
Forget tomorrow
her suitcase of problems
and her trippy drippy doubts
because
tonight
is a poem
and I want it
to write all over me.




Karen Warinsky  has published in various anthologies and literary magazines including the 2019 Mizmor Anthology, Honoring Nature ( 2021)and Ms. Aligned: 4 (2023).  She is the author of Gold in Autumn (2020), Sunrise Ruby (2022), and her new collection Dining with War will come out this summer from Alien Buddha Press. She is a former finalist of the Montreal International Poetry Contest. Find her kayaking or organizing word readings for Poets at Large.  https://karenwarinskypoetry.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...