Thursday, October 26, 2023

Another Night With Johnny Walker by Scott Simmons

My mind wanders as I sit at the barstool. 
And I find myself thinking of you. 

As I take a sip for every regret I’ve made. 
And I buy more rounds to get past tonight.

Until I’m the last one at the bar to close my tab.  
And I leave content with my loneliness.  

As the stars faintly glimmer above me. 
While the night winds softly cry. 

And life moves on.



Scott Simmons is a poet, humorist, and a shitty artist from Houston Texas. He is also the editor of the Dope Fiend Daily and usually enjoys reading your submissions as little as possible.

His work has been featured in places such as The Rye Whiskey Review, Fearless, HST, Daune's Poetree, It Takes All Kinds, Off The Coast Magazine, The Black Shamrock, The Anti-Heroin chic, and Under The Bleachers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...