Tuesday, November 28, 2023

IT'S ONLY GOD-DAMN NOVEMBER! By Bradford Middleton

Autumn has closed in quickly this year as

i already find myself cowering in my room 

dreaming of turning the damn heating on but

no, hell it's still only November, and

with my curtains pulled shut to hide out the

darkness and cold from my soul which sits

quivering in this chair with only this laptop

for heat I can convince myself it ain't freezing

and I don't need the heating on, hell not yet

it's still only god-damn November!



  


Bradford Middleton still lives in Brighton, UK but has recently landed a new job that he doesn’t hate so maybe here for a bit longer yet…  Recent poems appear in Beatnik Cowboy, River Dog Zine, Back Room Poetry ‘Rebel’ Anthology, Stink Eye Magazine and Dreich.  His most recent chapbook was published early 2023 by those fine folks at the Alien Buddha Press.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...