Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Dog. by Matthew Borczon



The war
follows me
from state
to state
like a
mangy  dog
looking to
find its
way home
from Ohio
to Pennsylvania
New York
to Virginia

tonight in
a hotel
in New Jersey
it arrives
again like
head lice
itchy and
unseen and
even though
I know
how I
am supposed
to get
rid of it
it always
comes back
to live
on my skin
to drink
from my eyes.





Matthew borczon is a nurse and navy sailor who served in the busiest combat hospital in Afghanistan in 2010-11. He writes about war and his life now. Matt has published 8 books of poetry, the latest my reality is available through Alien Buddha Press. He is married with 4 children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Public Service With A Crooked Smile by JPR

Sometimes, I get a great laugh from the perceptions of others. All the trivial bullshit, the faux hardasses who can barely handle a paper cu...