Friday, August 31, 2018

Muse. by Ashley Cooke



My angel of muse
a generous lover when she is mine
but soon vanishes from my grip
I follow her through my abandoned mind

A light tip toe from  a corner nearby
diverts my eyes to her
I chase her rapidly desperate to catch her
every step of mine becomes louder

as I pound the floor in pursuit
following her every step
She vanishes further
with every claw of my arms

she slips into another hallway
flaunting a journey
in which I am uninvited
I open doors that lead to nowhere

Pieces of my mind collapse
I dig desperately in the rubble
surrounding my feet
the hunger begins.






Ashley Cooke is a creative writing major attending Long Beach City College. She is from Long Beach, CA. She works at a hospital and at a music venue. She is currently working on her first poetry collection. 

1 comment:

  1. “flaunting a journey in which I am uninvited” what a brilliant line

    ReplyDelete

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...