Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Kim. by Matthew Borczon



I was
thinking
about Kim
telling me
that as a
grad student
she slept
in a tent
in Africa
and heard
lions roaring
against  the
stars at night
she said
it was beautiful
and terrifying
all at once

I was
thinking about
her telling
me this on
my first
night in
Afghanistan
as I
listened to
night fire
and saw
green tracers
light the
sky.




Matthew borczon is a nurse and navy sailor who served in the busiest combat hospital in Afghanistan in 2010-11. He writes about war and his life now. Matt has published 8 books of poetry, the latest my reality is available through Alien Buddha Press. He is married with 4 children.

2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy Matt's work, excellent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Matt. Both scenarious so we'll described, and both so palpable.

    ReplyDelete

Say something By Josh Knickerbocker

Sometimes  I share a room With people Who've forgotten How the sharpness Of voice can cut Now, they're  Eroded smooth Easy to pick u...