Tuesday, February 19, 2019

One Thing. by Wolf Kevin Martin



everyone understands
sex rough wrathful love
in deep

She

told me one time
at the moment

She

had a one car
parking garage
just for me

golden sunshine
pillow talk

living in the folds of life lost me I'm g o n e
playing hit and run

She

has the
better
bait

holds my hand after sunrise after a night of talk mind and body meld molding back and forth tender action sometimes love and war are brutal direct quick awake


I'm out here
in the city

everyone is dead
walking

around
including me


can't die now you fucker do the right thing
economical dependent development is waiting for the ladies and men join the revolution


instead moaning out
loud


no one
listening


stop firing
until


toy arrows


end up


a


spear in your chest


baby
dry your
tears

put the knife
away

no reason
to jump

off a
dead
end

put the
gun down

i
am
already
dead

not
a

part
of

this
Massacre

convinced I'm a ghost most days clouds  eyes standing up tall waiting a whole life to blossom covered in mossy doom walking in the sweet rain

i was
out in

the woods had given up eating and sleeping lived in caves of your imagination a hundred times before you came to town with a smile as crooked as mine








The Wolfman Kevin Martin is a photographer and poet from North Carolina now residing in Pittsburgh, PA.  Contributing images and poetry to: The Arrival Magazine, The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Under The Bleachers, Cajun Mutt Press, Alien Buddha Press, The Pangolin Review and Rust Belt Press.  The Wolf's first poetry collection "My Head Fits Through Your Noose, Let Me Swing Awhile? is published through Alien Buddha Press and was released in January 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natalie The Server by Bill Kitcher

I raised my glass to my lips and, looking up, saw Natalie watching me. She smiled slightly, briefly. She came over and sat beside me at the ...