Friday, March 22, 2019

Another Bad Night by Ian Copestick


I lay downstairs in the dark, my wife has
Barred me from the bedroom
And isn't letting me put the light on down here.
That's why I sit here, angry and writing poetry
In the dark to try to keep myself sane. It's not easy
To keep myself sane. Although she's kicked
Me down here, she won't leave me alone.
Shouting abuse, making herself
Feel better, but I have to say, it's not doing
Much for me.
So I pour myself another drink, a strong one.
Try to ignore her, finish this poem,
Worry about the morning.
Something tells me that it's not going to
Be much fun.






Ian Lewis Copestick is a 46 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.




No comments:

Post a Comment

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...