Friday, April 26, 2019

Your Dancing is Just a Weakening of the Knees. By Matt Dennison



Old girlfriend looking
happier with new boyfriend
than she ever did with me.

Bartender,
an old-I-thought friend,
won’t give me one free beer.

Am not invited to leave with
the people I arrived with.

Sitting on the barstool, drunk,
watching it all disappear.




After a rather extended and varied second childhood in New Orleans, Matt Dennison’s
work has appeared in Rattle, Bayou Magazine, Redivider, Natural Bridge, The Spoon
River Poetry Review and Cider Press Review, among others. He has also made
short
films with  Michael Dickes, Swoon, Marie Craven and Jutta Pryor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AN UNSENT LETTER TO BUKOWSKI By Brenton Booth

                The year you died   I was just a teenager, cold and confused: the fire extinguished long ago. I would  soon turn to the word...