Friday, May 24, 2019

CAUTION: VODKA AHEAD by Chocolate Waters

Bought a pint of vodka
drank three quarters
there’s a quarter left
When I drink that
I’ll want another quarter
so I’ll buy another pint
go crashing into somewhere
I probably oughta miss
Shoulda bought
the damn liter in the first place




Chocolate Waters loves to drink and write in bars. She’s produced four poetry collections this way and currently has a new collection, Bittersweet Resurrection (Eggplant Press, NY, NY) coming out in 2019. “Write drunk, edit sober,” said Hemmingway – and she does. She’s lived in Manhattan for nearly 40 years. Sorry, no cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...