Wednesday, May 1, 2019

We need to talk. by. Fotoula Reynolds



We need to talk
Instinctively, I say no
Flashes of fear
Strike me like lightning

I’ve been there before
Lured in to your sticky web
Trapped inside a one-sided
Intricate mind of deceit

My intuition signals me
I feel it in my dead eye
Pulling me fiercely
In the opposite direction of you

Narcissistic traits
I now recognize
So, needless to say
We did not have the talk










Fotoula Reynolds is an author of poetry. She lives in the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria, Australia with her family. Living in the hills lends itself to the topics of nature where she draws inspiration from the surrounding spaces. She began writing poetry in 2016 and has published her first book of poems titled: The sanctuary of my garden (2018).
Her work has been published in Australian anthologies and internationally in e-zines/journals/reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Drunken Sailor By Wayne Russell

The old drunken sailor wanted to blaze like a red comet, across a failing skyline. He wanted to crash and burn into the bosom of mother eart...