Friday, June 28, 2019

Catch me, if you can by Fotoula Reynolds

In the time of tomorrow
Past images of self, vanish
Current identity erased
My existence dies

The transformation is not
A façade, re-inventing myself
Scares the shit out of me
I only just found who I am
Now through private despair
I lose myself again

If protecting my own life
Means stripping me bare
And throwing away the old
For a new then
I choose a life at sea

Who am I now?
I say, a free spirit
An unconventional
Non-conformist
Bohemian

Peace-Out!




Fotoula Reynolds is an author of poetry. She lives in the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria, Australia with her family. Living in the hills lends itself to the topics of nature where she draws inspiration from the surrounding spaces. She began writing poetry in 2016 and has published her first book of poems titled: The sanctuary of my garden (2018). 
Her work has been published in Australian anthologies and internationally in e-zines/journals/reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...