Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Festival Minor by Ben Nardolilli

Dust rises off the floor, I call it a partner,
Sure it has callous bad timing,
And it gets into the lungs,
But am I any better? I’m a particle
Sucked into the city,
Pulled through the galleries of Manhattan
And the avenues of Brooklyn
Where I leave behind a trail of irritation,
I must cause some choking too,
Doors close on me, trains are delayed,
I block toilets and bathrooms,
And take up too much space at the bar,
Then the dance floor behind it
As I whirl and twirl
To Cuban Jazz, Afro-Funk, and Blues,
But for now, that’s no issue,
Here in my room I’m a macrocosm, again,
And my moves are seismic,
Raising up the dust like Lazarus for a dance.






Ben Nardolilli currently lives in New York City. His work has appeared in Perigee Magazine, Red Fez, Danse Macabre, The 22 Magazine, Quail Bell Magazine, Elimae, fwriction, Inwood Indiana, Pear Noir, The Minetta Review, and Yes Poetry. He blogs at mirrorsponge.blogspot.com and is looking to publish a novel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...