Friday, September 13, 2019

The Grande Burrito by Nathan Graziano

I cannot finish The Grande Burrito,
having barely left a dent. Whatever
is the opposite of grande in Spanish,
that is me. I also cannot dive into
a body of water or parallel park a car.
or bench press my own weight. When
challenged in conversation, I cannot
snap off a quick or witty turn of phrase.
I cannot unclasp a bra with one hand
or kiss a girl first without ten drinks
in me. I cannot execute the little things,
forget the grande. I cannot tell a lie.




Nathan Graziano lives in Manchester, New Hampshire, with his wife and kids. His books include Teaching Metaphors (Sunnyoutside Press), After the Honeymoon (Sunnyoutside Press) Hangover Breakfasts (Bottle of Smoke Press in 2012), Some Sort of Ugly (Marginalia Publishing in 2013), and My Next Bad Decision (Artistically Declined Press, 2014). Almost Christmas, a collection of short prose pieces, was published by Redneck Press in 2017. Graziano writes a baseball column for Dirty Water Media in Boston. For more information, visit his website: www.nathangraziano.com.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rudy Died By Daniel S. Irwin,

Rudy died and they're gonna close down the bar. Me and the boys don't have near enough dinero To buy it and keep it open.  As if we ...