Tuesday, November 26, 2019

is that all you’ve got? By David Boski


the world
more flagitious
than I remember
it once being
but that could be
because I’m paying
more attention now
or because life
has hit me 
with haymaker after haymaker 
and even though I have been
knocked down over 
and over
and over
again 
I keep getting up
in the name of spite
a bloody smile
tears running down my face
as I cackle
and say, 
fuck you!
is that all you’ve got?
even though I know
the answer



David Boski lives in Toronto. His poems have appeared in: The Rye Whiskey Review, The Dope Fiend Daily, Horror Sleaze Trash, Under The Bleachers, Down in the Dirt, Beatnik Cowboy, Winamop, Ramingo’s Porch, Cactifur, North Of Oxford and elsewhere. His chapbook “Fist Fighting and Fornication” is out now and available through Holy&intoxicated Publications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Suburb of Myself By Dan Provost

  I failed the beer philosophy of hidden pain, tried to twist tears with artistic motivation--- Exchanged drinking rights for lawnmower cho...