Thursday, January 2, 2020

Dating Pool. By Ryan Quinn Flanagan


Hey, I’m the nice guy.
You seen the rest of those sorry pig fuckers out there?
Sure, I’m half-crazy, but I got good intentions:
I want the seal to club itself into empowered submission 
the Amazon to roast marshmallows over its own dying ashes,
I’m such an individualist that I truly hope the individual 
can find themselves alone forever,
crying into fair wage bedsheets over fair trade coffee,
nothing like the 3rd world flicking its own bean;
those other guys only want one thing,
I’ll take much more than that
and have you seen how ugly the dating pool has gotten
in my absence?
Nothing but STDs with razor wire faces.
Best of luck my dear.
You’ll need it.




Ryan Quinn Flanagan is a Canadian-born author residing in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada with his wife and many bears that rifle through his garbage.  His work can be found both in print and online in such places as: Evergreen Review, The New York Quarterly,The Rye Whiskey Review, Outlaw Poetry Network, Under The Bleachers, The Dope Fiend Daily and In Between Hangovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natalie The Server by Bill Kitcher

I raised my glass to my lips and, looking up, saw Natalie watching me. She smiled slightly, briefly. She came over and sat beside me at the ...