Saturday, January 4, 2020

THESE CONVERSATIONS by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

If I had not walked
into that bar I
would not be having
these conversations
with my friend who
only wants to give me
sound advice. I don’t
want to hear what I
need to hear sometimes.
Things are complicated
and personal and no
advice is sometimes
what I need. I know I’m
wrong but I just need an
ear to let my frustrations
out. In the end things will
get better or worse and
nothing is within our control
no matter how many books
are written on the subject.
It is best to remain quiet,
become a hermit, only go
outside for the essentials




Luis was born in Mexico, lives in California, and works in the mental health 
field in Los Angeles, CA. His poems have appeared in Ariel Chart, Beatnik Cowboy,
Dope Fiend Daily, Unlikely Stories, and Zygote In My Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Patron Saint of Queen Street Grill, Honolulu By Trish Saunders

There was no need to duck your head when we saw you waiting tables   at the local shrimp grill,   your wages so meager  they might feed bird...