Saturday, November 19, 2022

I PUSH IT, (I PLAY IT HARD) by David Summerfield

 I push it, I play it hard
Never planned to live this long
With a beam in the eye
And rage in the gut
I stick it to life and never get stuck
I attack it, I bulldoze it hard

I push it, I play it hard
Never afflicted drink to get drunk
With no guide in the heart
And nothing in the mind
I jam it to life and continue to grind
I force it, I assault it hard

I push it, I play it hard
Long live Coors and Jack Daniel's
With salt in my beer mug
No ice in the shot
I race with the devil and never get caught
I beat it, I bludgeon it hard

I push it, I play it hard
Without fear I hunt my prey
With a lie in my pocket
And any bullshit to feed
I seduce her and run after planting my seed  
I pound it, I punch it hard 
 

 
 
David Summerfield writes out of the hills and hollars’ of West ‘by God’ Virginia, where he’s been known to tip a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...