Wednesday, April 12, 2023

 A New Friend By Wayne F. Burke

she stood in the
shadow of the parking lot, waved
and said hello as I walked past
I said how are you?
She said are you looking for love?
Said she gave love to people
nice to her.
I said and how much do these people
pay for love?
$100 she said.
And where do you go with these people?
To her room, or
anywhere else they want to go.
I said not in the mood
just now
she gave me her phone number
and a hug
said my face was handsome
I asked if she was broke
she said yes
I gave her $20
she said call me
I said
I have your number.







Wayne F. Burke's poetry and prose has been widely published in print and online (including in THE RYE WHISKEY REVIEW). He was nominated for a Pushcart by THE DOPE FIEND DAILY in 2022. He lives in Vermont (USA).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...