Friday, June 30, 2023

I Grieve Like A Sunfish by Robert J. W.

I am permanently bound to
the closing seconds of
my parents’ lives.
I grieve

like a sunfish.
The grains of
sand that I

cough up every morning
elongate my
lifespan to that of

a bored rockstar instead of
a drunken housefly.
Perhaps I’ll
cherish

the music this time.




Robert J. W. is a poet and writer from Morgantown, WV that is known for his work about mental health and memory.  He has been writing poetry for 20 years now. He has frequently published collections with Alien Buddha Press (including Dusty Video Game Cartridges and Bed of Bones) as well as being featured in several of their zines and anthologies. He enjoys listening to music, meditating, reading, and hanging with friends. You can find him on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @robertjw4688 as well as Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Robertjw4688

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drunk on a Wednesday By Richard LeDue

The melting snow sings with its dripping, but I can't decide what the song is about, death or life? Which sort of reminds me of sitting ...