Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Sometimes I Feel It. By Jonathan S Baker


That moment between 

confidence and drunkenness

that feels like bravado.

It is there that I think

I see my father

and that place

frightens me

because it feels like home.






 Jonathan S Baker lives and works in Evansville, Indiana where the Sterling Brewery finally tarnished.  They are the author of several collections of poetry including Cock of the Walk (Laughing Ronin Press, 2022) and Long Nights in Stoplight City (Between Shadows Press, 2023).  They are also the host of the longest running and most prestigious poetry series in Indiana, Poetry Speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Public Service With A Crooked Smile by JPR

Sometimes, I get a great laugh from the perceptions of others. All the trivial bullshit, the faux hardasses who can barely handle a paper cu...