Sunday, April 21, 2024

Candy is dandy by Zvi A. Sesling

Candy is dandy
But liquor is quicker
--Ogden Nash


I dated her three times and couldn’t even so much as get a good night kiss. When I failed on the fourth and fifth dates I decided that on the sixth I would try a different approach, and bought her a Margarita followed by glass of chardonnay at the Blossom Bar. That seemed to work. Not only did I get the kiss, I got a bunch of them, followed by an invitation to spend the night.
It reinforced my feeling that while Candy is dandy, the liquor made her quicker.

XXX





Zvi A. Sesling, Brookline, MA Poet Laureate (2017-2020), has published numerous poems, flash fiction and short stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...