Sunday, August 12, 2018

My Nights In Jail. by Mikel K.



were no act of
civil disobedience.
I see my drinking  now
as much a need for
mood alteration
as for anything
a desire to not be
beaten by the nuns
nailed to a cross by Christ.
I have been drinking caffeine
like I used to drink
long island teas.




 MIKƎL K is a poet and memoirist living in Atlanta, Ga.
K was voted best Atlanta Poet three years in a row, by readers of Creative Loafing, Atlanta's weekly newspaper. He has a BS in English with a minor in Journalism from Georgia State University. He drank his way out of Florida State University one class short of a business degree.

Poetry by MIKƎL K has, recently, appeared in: Poets' Espresso Review, Subtle Tea, Inbetwen Hangovers, Your One Phone Call, Harbinger Asylum, Indiana Voice Journal, Mad Swirl, Dissident, Voice, Dead Snakes, Poeticus, Anti-Heroic Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natalie The Server by Bill Kitcher

I raised my glass to my lips and, looking up, saw Natalie watching me. She smiled slightly, briefly. She came over and sat beside me at the ...