Saturday, August 11, 2018

God’s Opera. by Scott Thomas Outlar




The ping of one empty bottle
clinking against another
beside my bed
as I pull up the Cabernet
to finish off the last glass
for the night
sounds like a symphony
orchestrated by the celestial stars.
Every empty bottle
is a note.
Every bottle
is an accomplishment.
Every bottle is a poem.
Every bottle is a story.
Every bottle is in my blood,
it’s in my mind,
it’s in my kidneys,
it’s in my liver,
it’s in my words.
Every bottle is in me, is of me,
is for me, is by me, is with me.
Every bottle loves me,
like I love it – simpatico
forever
Amen.





Scott Thomas Outlar hosts the site17Numa.com where links to his published poetry, fiction, essays, interviews, reviews, live events, and books can be found. His work has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net. His next collection, Abstract Visions of Light, is forthcoming in 2018 through Alien Buddha Press.

1 comment:

  1. Scott has done it again. He has the ability to take you into his world with just his words. Great write my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Beer By Bruce Morton

Why is it people do not cry In their negroni or martini But they do in their beer? Beer,  In its simplicity, in its complexity, Begs to be u...