Sunday, April 14, 2019

First Row Love. by Connie Woodring


You got something on your mind.
You know, you just ain’t my kind.
Lookin for a one night stand?
This ain’t no one night band.
If the music moves, just keep on grooving.
Stop wasting your time, stop makin time.
You’re breathing through a cheap whiskey glass.
Why don’t you give life a chance?
I can’t give you what you need.
I’m just lookin out for me.
Don’t play me up, don’t play me down, just play me on video tv.







I am a 73-year-old retired psychotherapist/ educator/social activist who is getting
back to my true love of writing after 45 years in my real job. I have had 15 poems published in
American and British presses, one of which was nominated for the 2017 Pushcart Prize.  Two excerpts
from my yet-to-be-published non-fiction book, “What Power? Which People? Reflections on Power
Abuse and Empowerment” and two chapters from my yet-to-be-published novel, “Visiting Hours,” have
been published.



1 comment:

  1. Were you a Camp Counselor back in the early 60’s at Camp Minisink?
    I think you were my beloved Counselor😊 lindasmallwoodgreene@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Kansas 1935 By Arvilla Fee

the wind blows through the cracks— cracks in the doors, the floors, cracks around the window sills; it wails like an injured animal, feral, ...