Thursday, October 8, 2020

CONSUMER SURVEY by MICHAEL MINASSIAN

No, I’ve never cleaned my toilet
wearing yellow gloves
or eaten yellow cakes
of radioactive waste.

When prompted to click
on a link, I pretend
it’s my birthday
and clap my hands.

I only clip coupons
when they promise more
than they can deliver.

In the past week, month, year,
I’ve never refused to eat anything
or purchased your product.

On a scale of one to ten,
I rate you 30 below.

I will willingly return to your store/
restaurant/website during the next
Mayan calendar cycle.

I will share this prophecy
with everyone, both living and dead.

Please enter me in your sweepstakes.

I waive all my rights.






MICHAEL MINASSIAN is a Contributing Editor for Verse-Virtual. His short stories and poems have appeared in such journals as Comstock Review, Evening Street Review, Main Street Rag and Poet Lore. His chapbooks include poetry: The Arboriculturist (2010); Chuncheon Journal (2019); and photography: Around the Bend (2017). His poetry collection Time is Not a River was released in 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...