Thursday, June 7, 2018

50 mph. by Wayne F. Burke



moving along I-89
80 mph
in my BMW (used)
a car ahead
in the passing lane
will not pull over,
a ball-cap sticking up
from a head,
I pass on the right
and continue
around a bend
where a cop car sits
with lights flashing
the ball-cap comes up
behind me
I wonder if he is pissed,
a road rage,
he blows by me
in a work zone posted 50 mph
and I look around
hoping to see another cop
but
you never do see one
when you want to.


Wayne F. Burke has published 5 full-length collections of poetry. His most recent publication, IN DREAMS WE CHASE THE LION, is available through Alien Buddha Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WINE WORDS by George Haecker

A riot of superlatives to make  Shakespeare blush, we  could choose from  citric persistence vivid aromas  chocolate hints rose petal scents...