We're the Ezine dedicated to all things barroom. We are slightly off what others consider the norm and always the last to close the bar. If you prefer the local dive bar to the glitz of some overpriced club then you're our kind of people. So welcome grab a drink and enjoy.
Saturday, July 14, 2018
(A poem for) Piccocko (part II) by Ezhno Martin
You thought me being an alcoholic meant
That I was a total nightmare
And that the mourning never ended
For what I could otherwise be
When really it means I spent the whole day
Planning on making you dinner
And then I started cooking
And I opened the refrigerator
And I saw the beer
And I couldn’t stop at one
Or even three
And I’m too drunk to get a hard on now
But dinner is perfect
Even if I’m not
Ezhno Martin doesn't believe in god, pronouns, american exceptionalism, most conventions of capitalization, monogamy, any form of censorship, that 9/11 was real, casseroles, coming to a full stop at stop signs, chivalry, patriotism, hand washing after bathroom visits, rough sex, decorum, the importance of biological families, and/or that The New York Knick's are ever going to get their shit together. Ezhno lives in Toledo, Ohio. Ezhno is now from Toledo, Ohio, because that's how that works. You can't misgender Ezhno, because Ezhno doesn't believe in genders, pronouns, safe spaces or any of that social-justice-warrior-rich-kid-with-a-complex bullshit. Just say “nice ass” if you're feeling nervous or confused about the fact that the 6'2” Adonis that is Ezhno hates your counter culture just as much as the culture it opposes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Room for Future Boxes - Angela M. Carter
I drove a twenty-foot U-Haul south on the interstate with the windows down, sweat running into my eyes, beneath the brim of a trucker hat t...
-
Why do I bother plugging the phone in? if I’m waiting for good news, it won’t come miracles do happen but they never happen to me so I might...
-
The porch holds smoke. Not a room. A line. Neighbors on the rail. Shoulders set. No give. Sailors kick the Atlantic off their boots. Salt hi...
-
Maybe about a hundred people know about this place, but you only ever find not even a dozen troubled souls on any given night here. Directio...

No comments:
Post a Comment