Monday, July 23, 2018

Be My Shahrazed. by Ahmad Al-Khatat


I need space above the skies 
To show you how much I improved 
In loving you from the rainbow only
Because I was the dullest rain in the desert 

Finding our way home is no
Longer, out of the question your 
Heart is the most beautiful country, 
It requires love and not a nationalist

Holding our two trusted hands
To walk across the broken bridges
It could lead my vision to a dream
to break the world's boundaries

Since we belong to this toxic earth
We are cursed to death for no reason
Our days are hot as fire, and cold ice
Therefore, stay strong as the mountain

In the shadow of beautiful darkness
We are not the strangers to undress
With every breath you take from me
A flower in heaven blooms of your scent

Be my Shahrazed, and kiss my lips
Before the wind blows with red roses 
All over your nude body to hide you 

From my joyfulness and pleasure






Ahmad Al-Khatat was born in Baghdad on May 8th. From Iraq, he came to Canada at the age of 10, the same age when he wrote his very first poem back in the year 2000. He also has been published in several press publications and anthologies all over the world and currently studies Political Sciences, at the Concordia University in Montreal. He has recently published his first chapbook “The Bleeding Heart Poet” with Alien Buddha Press. It is available for sale on Amazon. Most of his new and old poems are also available on his official page Bleeding Heart Poet on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Measure By Bruce Morton

We measure light, Not darkness, which is The absence of light. We measure heat, Not cold, which is The absence of heat. We measure sound, No...