Monday, July 9, 2018

Echos. by Matthew Borczon



the echo
of ghosts
inside my
head is
the hum
of the
lunar moth
the caw
of a
sick crow
the sound
of a
lost whale
it's bone
trees in
white sun
its lost
dogs  looking
for broken
children
its something
I still
wake to

on sweaty
nights in
out of
town hotels
I hear
them and
now its not
a surprise
after all
these years
but the
fear is
still as
real as
the first
time I
heard it
under night
fire and
a million
Afghan stars.





Matthew borczon is a nurse and navy sailor who served in the busiest combat hospital in Afghanistan in 2010-11. He writes about war and his life now. Matt has published 8 books of poetry, the latest my reality is available through Alien Buddha Press. He is married with 4 children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection By Jake St. John

I have  a fear  of bridges  maybe  that's why  I've burned  so many. Jake St. John  lives in the woods on the edge of the Salmon Riv...