Monday, July 16, 2018

"Look what" (after KdK) by Rob Schackne





Look what
I remember
the how many
meals we ate
that preceded
a film a talk
a book or sex
if a dab of paint
offends reality 
then so what
the fifth spice
is bitterness
a sweet taste
where we are
moon tonight
waning gibbous
and Scorpius
abed and about
a skin of space
disappearing




Born in the US, I came to Australia in the early 70s. I worked on stations, in factories, and in mines. I was lucky that between bouts of this hard work I went to several universities and I could learn what I wanted. I've recently returned from Shanghai where I spent 15 years as a Foreign Expert English language teacher. I now live in country Victoria where I enjoy the blue sky and the fresh air and the birds. I take photographs.

1 comment:

On Tuesday There Was a Point When Bourbon Seemed Like a Good Breakfast Food By jim bourey

That was when morning newscasters started their phony emoting about the cargo ship disaster at the Key Bridge.  The day before, it was more ...