Sunday, August 26, 2018

IN REMEMBERANCE. by Wolf, Kevin Martin,




When everything hits 
at one time in the evening

In remembrance of reading the newspaper 
with coffee at table In remembrance of 
the hosts salty flesh and red wine blood 
some mornings are soft 
possibly a radio playing when 
there still was diversity in the 
background of your mind
that I'm still not used to 
being without.


In remembrance of my sleepy eyelids
as they fall heavy as a pile of angel’s
feathers fall like wind blown tobacco
out of your paper towards a solitary
desert that will be shown to you on
TV as an oasis for only the power hungry

A narcissist creed is power and division
looking at the blade in the hand feeling
gap in teeth with black tongue never up 
at the sun rising forgetting to listen to the 
yellow or golden Finch’s song 
of joy exuberantly expressing truth 
not shown in the reflection of a mirror

In remembrance of being in America I love 
to keep a pint of whiskey in my back pocket 
her secret dreams filled with nothing but blues
songs sung in streets as I am silent as nations fall
eyes blink and are abandoned when needed most
turned stabbed backs will pay you back

Please do not abandon when needed most
dollar signs wedding songs roses blacken the sun
burnt moon offering as someone loves you in every town

Sit down always weary souls rest awhile and wait 
to come back into style again soon enough to be 
tired of a fight ready to die clean scapegoats
on the edge of a razor of god’s tongues that never made a sound

Some point was a whirlwind of flesh am a cosmic shit with the key to the universe in my pocket

Got lost in the stars 
look out to sea it's 
the same thing

Let's smoke now we've got the chance
might be a little while before I cross these 
oceans of stars again to see you face to face

hear your ramblings kiss you on the cheek
as you kiss me back as my cities burn to
the ground didn't make a sound to walk on
the Moon or cross your valleys bones adding 
an edge to my shadow

Close my crucified eyes devout stars on the run 

Forgot which lesson of wrath or love to learn first as I cross the street not between the lines that lay

Hoping the cop car that just passed doesn't turn around as too many movies play behind my lost sad soul inverted by a small piece of myself that isn't sure if jaywalking is against the law like coloring outside the lines as i have a pistol in my pocket


Another car passes and the next one always speeds up as I step into the street.





Wolf, Kevin Martin, is from North Carolina and a regular contributor to the Arrival Magazine in Winston Salem, NC.  Amateur photographer and poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spirited Away By Ken Gierke

No wet blanket, it kept her dry. Bottle or can, didn’t matter. Kept her warm. Inside. Where it matters. Until it didn’t let her forget what ...