Friday, September 7, 2018

Drinking Again. by Ian Lewis Copestick

Drinking again
At 12 'O'Clock
The hangover too much to bear
And it's like a bear
Clawing at my skull
Crunching my nerve endings
So to the shop I go

Two hours later
Feeling better
Smoking a cigarette
That doesn't make me gag
Actually enjoying every drag
As the martini goes down
Of course
Sooner or later
It will catch up with me
But until then
I am feeling fine
Feeling better

One drink at a time




  
 Ian Lewis Copestick is a 45 year old poet living in Stoke On Trent, England. He is currently unemployed and surviving on £70 per week. This means that his life style isn't particularly healthy but it gives him lots of time to read, think and write

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bright Orange Sun By Trish Saunders

It rained all day long, the date of that last eclipse   and I didn’t bother to get dressed all day, until the sky turned dark and a faint tr...