Saturday, December 8, 2018

Beer by Alyssa Trivett


Is this my third beer?
I don't know.
I pounded down
tacos and tequila
in between the chandelier
I wanted to swing on.
He and I swing offa
chairs and slam the Jukebox
with our dwindling fingers
as we drink from thimbles
only to go home
and scrawl more poems
but right now at this
sweating clock-tick moment
post-working in our
figure eight hour
increment cages
listening to AC hiss,
I am in good company.









Alyssa Trivett is a wandering soul from the Midwest. When not working two jobs, she listens to music, chirps down coffee, and scrawls lines on the back of gas station receipts. Her work has appeared recently at In Between Hangovers, The Penwood Review, and Apricity Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hard Decisions By Tobi Alfier

Stuck at the crossing of another glass of red and time to go, he weighs his options even while signaling the barmaid for another. Not a toug...