Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Boulevard Louis II by John Doyle


If I ever made Monte Carlo

I swore I'd start upright piano-scored

bar fights

where men never bled,

then a colonial-sigh on arrival

from the Roger Delgado sacre bleu chief of police.

I've made Monte Carlo -

dawn captured me

shortly after moonlight burned to a crisp

and rarely-seen formations of cloud

aided its grappling hold.

There are no phallic miscreants in light-speed cars,

though the sky has become a lashed messianic-corpse -

I ask the vapor trails to lead me to Christ






 John Doyle became a Mod again in the summer of 2017 to fight off his impending mid-life crisis; whether this has been a success remains to be seen. He has has two collections published to date, A Stirring at Dusk in 2017, and Songs for Boys Called Wendell Gomez in 2018, both on PSKI's Porch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 years on the job By John Grochalski

rivers of shit flooding the kitchen   rivers of dirty water to drink   madmen screaming in the bathroom   rivers of madmen jerking off to sc...